The Stock amp; Taxation Accountant role is to ensure proper stock accounting and valuation while being the focal point for current and deferred taxes operations. This role will also deal with:
- Company Owned Company Operated (COCO) Transaction and report
- Perform margin amp; gain / loss analysis
- Monitoring of cost pricing in the system
- Coordination of stock-take activities.
- Monitor daily the Stock Module costing system to ensure accuracy of cost prices in the system.
- Process inventory cost changes as and when necessary.
- Prepare FIFO/NRV monthly.
- Prepare gain loss adjustment.
- Prepare gain loss analysis and temperature difference monthly.
- Calculate and update cost of international products on the accounting software (SAP).
- Coordinate, process and account for windfall gains/losses arising from Automatic Price Mechanism (APM) cost change.
- Insert landed cost revision.
- Prepare monthly stock reconciliation Book stock vs Physical stock.
- Prepare and process Journal Entries to ensure completeness and accuracy of accounting data.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet stock reconciliations.
- Participate in the Tamp;R process in margin determination.
- Margin analysis for all products to identify and investigate margin anomalies.
- Statistic - Prepare amp; provide reports to the Central Statistical Office (CSO) by channel of trade. Also provide report to MRA and business as amp; when required.
- Stock Management Network (SMN) champion for the business.
- Ensuring stock goal zero deliverables are shared by WD7.
Supply amp; Distribution Partnering
- Participate in the monthly Samp;D meetings.
- Assist during month-end closure activities.
- Organise regular stock-take exercises at COCO sites for both retail and shops.
- COCO - Performing all the accounting tasks for the COCO sites.
- Approval of pricing maintenance in SAP
Current and Deferred Tax
- Prepare and file annual corporate tax returns/quarterly APS as per MRA deadlines and ensure payments are effected to MRA.
- Assist the Financial Controller to manage all Audit queries from Tax authorities.
Qualifications, Job Knowledge, Skills amp; Experience
- Minimum Degree in Finance / Accounting with 2-3 year s of experience
- ACCA would be an advantage
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Conversant with SAP and Microsoft Office tools