Swapcard digitalizes events while preserving the magic of real-life interaction. Behind this dream, stands a passionate, curious, and down-to-earth team. We believe an environment of trust, autonomy, and support is integral to our success. As a result of putting people first, career evolution and rapid growth have become regular commodities. We've even managed to revolutionize our industry through true teamwork, sharing our ideas and listening to each other!
With 39 nationalities amongst a team of more than 168, we enjoy an open-minded environment where opinions and ideas are encouraged and exchanged freely in order to create a product and company we can all be proud of. We’ve also learned that the more moments we share, the more comfortable, communicative, and confident we are when working together. That’s when the real magic occurs. We’ve made some incredible memories around the globe together so far amp; it's only the beginning!
We've opened offices in Paris, Montreal, Dubai, Seattle, London, and New Delhi. Where's next for us? Singapore!
Prior to the pandemic, our team supported remote-work. This has helped us transition smoothly to a full-remote company this year. We'll be keeping our HQ in Paris as home base while staying flexible to see what the future holds for our growing team. Currently, we're spread out throughout the world. We're looking for ambitious and curious teammates to take part in this adventure of growing from a start-up to a scale-up.What you'll be doing
- Prepare and maintain systematic, accurate, and timely processing of all invoices and monthly billing reports.
- Ensure all invoicing is billed daily and in accordance with company practices and client contract agreements. Perform any follow-up on provider bills not received on time to decrease invoicing delays.
- Conduct a systematic review of all aging accounts over 30 days and contact clients regarding the collection of outstanding accounts.
- Contact clients to resolve any invoice problems or discrepancies and if necessary, makes additional contact with clients for the collection of outstanding invoices.
- Research and respond to inquiries from clients regarding payment issues, and invoice inquiries.
- Maintain files on all pertinent billing and accounting information.
- When necessary, report any unresolved disputes with customers to the Head of Accounting for resolution.
- Prepare and provide various information as requested for audit.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial files.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties including, but not limited to, answering telephone inquiries, taking messages, filing, scanning, and photocopying.
Reasons to join us
- A minimum of 2 years experience in accounts receivable and/or collections (in a startup and/or a scale-up environment would be ideal)
- Comfortable with numbers - be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals, fractions, hours amp; minutes, and possess the ability to compute rates and percentages
- Knowledge of multiple software programs, including, but not limited to, Great Plains, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the Internet
- High level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Attention to detail and ability to understand the big picture - to look for ways to improve and promote good work to ensure quality compliance
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to managements’ directions
- Reliable and compliant with the company's attendance policy
- Fluent in French and English (any other language is appreciated!)
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Startup mindset: team-oriented, ready to learn, adapt, amp; initiate quickly
- Eager to adapt to new tools and workflows as well as suggest improvements
- Passionate, proactive, and involved
- Optimistic amp; able to work well under pressure and strict deadlines
- Appetite for growth, curious to learn new things, and expand skillset!
* International Team with 39 nationalities (more on the way!) * Paris HQ with offices in USA, UAE, CA, UK, amp; IN * Fast-growing startup with many opportunities for growth * Open-minded culture that appreciates differences * Feedback driven, supportive amp; curious team with DIY mindset * Family Leave amp; remote work to ensure you have time for what matters most * Team that seizes every opportunity to celebrate success * Learning support amp; sponsorship * WFH Budget to help you feel comfortable * Generous Paid Time Off program to ensure your happiness * Team Vacations to celebrate our achievements