Note! Apply link will take you to an external website.
Analyst II, Risk Tools and Analytics
As mentioned in job details
Jul 4, 2022
Aug 4, 2022
Checkout.comis one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Patreon, Binance, SHEIN, Grab, Henkel, Wise, Sony Electronics and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Analyst II, Risk Tools and Analytics at Checkout.com
As an Analyst II, Risk Tools and Analytics at Checkout.com, you'll be dealing with the analysis of large data sets in a complex environment, using the latest tools and technologies. You'll take the lead in ensuring the overall accuracy of reports and dashboards, whilst constantly striving to enhance data quality, adequateness and granularity.
In general, you'll play a critical role in the Issuing Risk and Transaction monitoring Team, developing rules and models to effectively detect, prevent and manage risk within the overall Checkout.com portfolio.About You:
What you'll be doing:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Risk Management / Finance/ Actuarial / Business or equivalent.
- 1+ years’ experience in a data intensive environment, with large data sets
- Has strong analytical skills, attentive to details and ability to work with minimal direction
- Analyse large and complex data sets using statistical techniques to identify trends and patterns.
- Monitor the performance of existing fraud parameters/ strategies and present findings in a concise and effective manner via related reports and presentations
- Translate analytical findings into actionable strategic recommendations to improve fraud strategies and parameters
- Design, test, implement and maintain intuitive dashboards, with drill down capabilities, for enabling data-driven decisions.
- Use statistical analysis techniques to quantify impact of tests.
- Ability to take initiative to propose and implement new techniques and technologies with the aim to enhance current transaction monitoring processes.
- Build, deploy and maintain relevant automated controls to ensure data integrity and completeness.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written English is required).
- Participate in regular review of activities involving different fraud topologies.
- Good general technical background and understanding of BI stacks: Relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL) and proficiency using BI tools (PowerBI, Looker, Tableau).
- Knowledge or experience using Snowflake, DBT, GitHub or Python/R would be an advantage.
- Planning and organisational skill and problem-solving ability
- Complete additional Ad hoc requests as necessary
- Complete additional Ad hoc requests as vital
- Understanding of the card payments industry and issuer processing would be an advantage
- Ability to detect deficiencies in current processes and procedures to analyse and suggest ways to re-engineer them to reduce fraud/risk exposure and recommend improvements
#LI-SK1What we stand for
- You'll be also responsible for engaging with various stakeholders within the Risk Operation Centre
- Review suspected fraudulent transactions, assess requirements and input in various reporting projects forming part of a wider suite of internal-facing products
- You'll have the opportunity to develop sophisticated strategies, perform innovative analysis and drive significant and daring projects that improve the customer experience and deliver improved profitability for our business
- In general, you'll play a critical role by developing rules and models to optimally detect, prevent and lead risk within the overall Checkout.com portfolio.
- You'll be part of a dynamic, fast paced, and growing division within the Risk Operation Centre.
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
#AspireWe supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
#ExcelWe don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
#UniteWe're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.comOur technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.comlaunched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. Todate, we’ve raised a total of $1.8 billion, with ourSeries D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Information Technology and Services - Dubai, United Arab Emirates