Note! Apply link will take you to an external website.
Category Brand Manager - CR
Vivo Energy, Mauritius
Aug 9, 2022
Sep 9, 2022
- Define and develop strategic category plans for the shop network and ensure compliance at all times;
- Monitor market trends and competitor behaviour, propose and develop alternative responses with regard to customer offer;
- Review, implement and standardise space layout, pricing, ranging/assortment strategy, by store type and by buying missions;
- Monitor in-store compliance against the VE CR Operational standards;
- Draw understandable planograms by category of product and by store, in line with agreed merchandising strategy and monitor compliance;
- Ensure shop offerings are managed according to the agreed strategy and standards (manual, merchandising, agreements, active selling etc.);
- Contract holder for supplier contracts and ensure adherence to terms and conditions of supply agreements;
- Be an active point of contact for the right supply chain strategy implementation on a daily basis in line with agreed contractual terms (delivery standards, rebates, purchasing etc.) amp; manage related administrative tasks;
- Train, motivate and coach TMs, merchandisers, shop staff and dealers - give assistance and support to the retailers to increase profitability, and improve their know-how and expertise in selling FMCG products;
- Proactively track Business performance - analyse Pamp;L data and identify gaps by site, while anticipating corrective actions to continuously outpace growth targets;
- Reduce Lost Sales from Out of Shelf
- Improve promotion spending effectiveness amp; grow basket size
- Optimise and qualitatively enhance portfolio of suppliers to maximize value to consumers, retailers and Vivo Energy;
- Participate in development and presentation of quality Business Reviews, aiming to prove profitable success of CR Category Management strategy;
- Monitor food quality and hygiene standards by implementing ad hoc audits and quality control measures for all food partners according to their brand requirements.
- Ensure offer execution in compliance with marketing plans by negotiating appropriate terms with suppliers, arranging national amp; local promotions and providing shop promotional support.
- Create and execute the brand strategies and marketing plans for the brands, including managing both the existing product portfolio and new product launches
- Manages the day-to-day activities associated to all marketing efforts, including, project management, creative development, cross-functional implementation, campaign tracking and reporting as necessary.
- Works closely with all relevant Media departments to integrate media mix plans.
- Develop and execute national advertising and promotional activities to effectively communicate the strategic positioning and lifecycle development of products to customers.
- Be the owner of pricing in the relevant brands
- Graduate in the field of Business Management, Sales, Marketing or related.
- 5 to 6 years Category Management experience in the Retail/FMCG field with experience in shop formats, merchandising, range amp; category management, and supplier management.
- Ability to uncover customer needs and develop suitable customer offers.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to coach and train others.
- Pragmatic, hands-on and ability to spend substantial time travelling in the field/on site requires driving license.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and manage several priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to respect, abide by and uphold standards.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills
Information Technology and Services - Port Louis, Mauritius